This section of the API interacts with the CRM, Clients and Contacts module.
The Client and Contact API Functions include:
- Receive a list of Clients stored in Formitize. This list includes each Client’s details such as; billing address, billing name, first and last name and custom field information available for each Client.
- Receive a list of Contacts belonging to a Client ID. This shows any non-primary Contacts a Client may have including their name, contact details, and any custom fields available for each Contact.
- Add a Client by providing a billing name. More detail, including primary contact information, location, and custom field information can also be provided.
- Add a Contact by providing the ID number of the Client it should belong to. You can also provide name, contact, and custom field information.
- Edit a Client by providing the Client ID number and the information of any fields to be updated for the Client. Name, location and contact information can be modified this way. Custom fields are available to modify as well.
- Edit a Contact by providing the Contact ID number and the Client ID number that this Contact belongs to as well as the information to update for the Contact. Name and contact information can be updated as well as custom field information for the Contact.
- Deactivate a Client by providing the Client ID number, billing name and a “status” field set to “inactive”.
- Delete a Contact by providing the Contact ID number and the Client ID number it belongs to. Billing name and a “status” field will then be set to “deleted”.
Some examples of of how the Client and Contact API Functions work:
- A Formitize User also has an external system that manages client data and needs to keep both systems updated with the most recent information. When a new client is added, changed or deleted the User does not want to have to manually modify both systems.
- The Formitize API can be used to build custom integrations between Formitize and the external system (if functionality is available on that system). Functions can be built to send new and updated Client and Contact information from one system to the other and trigger Client or Contact archiving when the item is removed from one system.